Terms & Conditions
Last updated: April 28, 2021
ACN Opportunity, LLC and its affiliates (collectively “ACN” or “we”) are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information of our customers, independent business owners (“IBOs”), employees, and business partners (collectively “You” or “Your”). We know that You care how information about You is used and shared, and we appreciate Your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This document will provide information about ACN’s policy relating to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information and of Your right to limit such collection, use, or disclosure. This Notice applies to information we collect on this site via form submissions, purchases, and tracking tools as well as in email, text, and other electronic messages between You and ACN. For Your protection, we utilize a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) on all pages that require You to complete personal information. Our privacy policies and procedures are subject to change and will be updated on our site with the date of last update. By using the ACN website You are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About You Does ACN Collect?
- For What Purposes Does ACN Use Your Personal Information?
- How Are Cookies and Other Identifiers Used?
- Does ACN Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Transact with ACN?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Supplemental Notice
- Examples of Information Collected
We collect Your personal information in order to provide You with the services, products, support, and experience that You may inquire about or contract with us to obtain.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information You provide in relation to Your interactions with ACN. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but, as a result, you may not have the same experience or, depending upon the missing information, we may not be able to provide the services, products, or support You are seeking to obtain.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about Your use of ACN, including information about Your interaction with content and services available through the ACN website(s). Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other tracking tools, and we obtain certain types of identifiers and other information when Your web browser or device accesses ACN and other content served by or on behalf of ACN. Click here to see examples of what we collect.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about You from other sources, such as our service providers, IBOs, credit bureaus, or other business partners which we use to correct our records and assure continuity in providing services, products, or support to You. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
We use Your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the services, products, and support that we offer. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of services, products, and support. We use Your personal information to take and handle orders, provision services and products, process payments, provide access to training and support, and communicate with You about orders, services and products, and status updates.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve ACN site(s). We use Your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our ACN site(s).
- Recommendations and personalization. We use Your personal information to recommend services, products, and support that may be of interest to You, identify Your preferences, and personalize Your experience with ACN.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use Your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from business partners certain tax payer information to report properly. We may collect bank account information for identity verification and billing purposes from our customers, IBOs, and employees.
- Communicate with You. We use Your personal information to communicate with You in relation to ACN services, products, and support.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of You, ACN, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Information about You, whether You are a customer, IBO, employee, or business partner, is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling anyone’s personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below and with affiliates or contracted business support service providers that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices meeting the practices outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to You services, products, support, or applications provided by third parties for use on or through ACN sites. For example, You may order services from third parties through ACN that are provisioned by our third-party service provider. You can tell when a third party is involved in Your transactions, and we share personal information related to those transactions with that third party to provision and deliver the service.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include processing payments, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing technical support. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (and in accordance with any consents or requests formally made regarding Your information). Also, in the unlikely event that ACN or substantially all of its assets are acquired, information will be one of the transferred assets.
Other than as set out above, You will receive notice when personal information about You may be shared with third parties, and You will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We design our systems with Your security and privacy in mind. While no method of processing, transmission, or storage is 100% secure, ACN has instituted robust security measures to provide protection to your data.
- We work to protect the security of Your personal information during transmission by using reasonable encryption protocols and software.
- We and our trusted vendors follow and attest to our compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) with respect to credit and debit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify Your identity before we disclose personal information to You.
- It is important for You to protect against unauthorized access to Your password and to Your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for Your ACN account (should You have one) that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Never share your password with anyone and contact us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised.
- ACN will never request sensitive personal information through email. Do not respond to e-mails requesting credit information, account numbers, passwords or PINs. Call ACN to verify the legitimacy of the e-mail.
You can access Your information, including Your name, address, payment options, profile information, account settings, and purchase history in the self-service portal (if You are a customer or IBO)..
ACN honors requests from the individuals for whom we may hold their personally identifiable information. We maintain this information in a reasonably retrievable form, and will correct any such information which may be inaccurate. Individuals may verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
If You have any questions as to how we collect and use Your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the email included in this policy. Whether You are a visitor to an ACN site or have an account in a self-service portal, You have options as to how Your information is used that You can select.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then You may not be able to take advantage of specific services, have fulfilled certain products, or receive support.
- You can add or update certain information on pages within the self-service portal(s) if You have an account with ACN.
- If You do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust Your preferences in the self-service portal relevant to Your relationship status with ACN. You can also opt-out from ACN promotional emails by selecting the unsubscribe link in the footer.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to Your account, You may do so by logging out of Your account and blocking cookies on Your browser.
- You will also be able to opt-out of certain other types of data usage by updating Your settings on the applicable ACN site(s) or application.
- Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets You tell websites that You do not want to have Your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, You may have the right to request access to or delete Your personal information. If You wish to do any of these things, please contact the ACN Privacy Officer. Depending on Your choices regarding cookies and privacy settings, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
ACN does not sell services or products for purchase by children. The site is not directed to children, and ACN does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If You are under 18, You may use ACN only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Information You Give Us When You Use ACN
You provide information to us when You:
- Search or shop for services or product on our site;
- Add or remove item(s) from Your cart, or otherwise transact with ACN;
- Provide information regarding Your account in the self-service portal that is applicable to You;
- Configure Your settings or preferences for Your account;
- Communicate with us by phone, chat, snail mail or email, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire or case ticket; or
- Attend a training event.
As a result of those actions, You may supply us with such information as:
- Identifying information such as Your name, address, and phone numbers;
- Payment information;
- Your age;
- Your location information;
- Your IP address;
- People, addresses, and phone numbers listed in Your Addresses;
- Personal description and photograph in Your profile;
- Information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver's license numbers;
- Corporate and financial information;
- Credit history information; and
- Other information that may be communicated during contact for support.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect Your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of Your device or computer;
- ACN metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, Your interactions with service features and content, Your settings preferences and backup information);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other individuals to create features;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content You viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our service numbers; and
- details regarding the initiation of chat communications.
We may also use identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Updated address information from our service providers, which we use to correct our records and assure continuity of the services You have purchased;
- Account information, purchase information, and page-view information from some our site analytics tools;
- Information about Your interactions with services and products features on our pages; and
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Examples of information You can access through ACN include:
- Status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- Your complete order history;
- Personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- Payment settings (including payment card information and/or bank account information);
- Email notification settings (including marketing communications consent);
- Recommendations and the products You recently viewed;
- Your services, and related settings, and communications and personalized preferences;
- Content that You recently viewed; and
- Your Profile summary including summary of Your downline activity.
California Consumer Privacy Act Supplemental Notice
Effective January 1, 2020
Last Updated April 28, 2021
Information We Collect About You
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device (“Personal Information”). Specifically, our Website has collected one or more data elements listed in the following categories of Personal Information designated with “Yes” in the “Collected” column within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal Information Categories – as listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
L. Equipment information.
Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Aggregated or anonymized consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data (only in the case of employees); and
personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
ACN will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
Our Business Purposes
We use the personal information we may have about You to accomplish our business purposes, including:
- To conduct data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our services;
- To conduct audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- To monitor for fraud and security purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- To develop new products and services;
- To consider ways for enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- To identify usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to users;
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s Personal Information to others and we have not done so during the preceding twelve (12) months.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ACN’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by ACN about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
- With Your consent.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, ACN has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (A) Identifiers, (D) Commercial Information, and (I) Professional Employment-Related Information.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that ACN disclose certain information to You about our collection and use of Your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm Your verifiable request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to You:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about You;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about You;
- Our business purpose for collecting that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about You (also called a data portability request); and
- If we sold or disclosed Your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that ACN delete any of Your Personal Information that we collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm Your verifiable request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) Your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny Your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to accomplish any of the following.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another individual to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on Your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by either:
- Submitting a request at ACN, Inc., ATTN: Privacy Officer, 1000 Progress Place, Concord, NC 28025-2449; or
- Sending an email to email@example.com
Only You, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to Your personal information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to Your request or provide You with personal information if we cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to You. Making a verifiable request does not require You to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will make all reasonable efforts to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform You of the reason and extension period, not to exceed and additional forty-five (45) days, in writing.
If You have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If You do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically or, if unavailable, via postal mail.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s date of receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily usable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell You why we made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by CCPA, as applicable, we will not:
- Deny You goods or services;
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide You a different level or quality of services, products, or support; or
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate or a different level or quality of services, products, or support.
However, we may offer You certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to Your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires Your prior opt in consent, which You may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to learn more about your rights under the CCPA you may do so here.